07 June 2007

Oh oh oh what a lovely war...

I went to my first rehearsal in the capacity of stage manager last night. I wasn't there long, as I was doing front of house for "Whose Life Is It Anyway" (GO AND SEE IT), but it will be an interesting experience I think. There doesn't sound like there is a lot of backstage support, which is quite scary, but then there isn't a lot of set either...

I'm looking forward to learning new skills - though this is my 4th play since December (5th if I count doing FOH for "Whose Life..." (GO AND SEE IT)) so I am completely knackered. I think I need to take a break and start saying NO to things. Anyway, come July I'm giving up on all that's fun and concentrating entirely on my thesis for two months, so I might as well make the most of it!

All together now: "Oh oh oh what a lovely war..."

4 comments:

bananatree said...

oh, are you stage managing "oh oh oh what a lovely war"? I've seen it once and a half i think - once during a school trip, and half, being a dress rehearsal i saw when people were doing it at school.
not sure i really understood the plot tho - but there's lots of singing, right?
good luck!

bananatree said...

just realised the actual title doesn't have so many ohs in it! (think i just copied the name off your post title!!)

Clare said...

There isn't much plot really. It's kinda the story of WW1 with songs. But the songs pick up on the fact that everyone thought it was going to be "jolly good fun" to go to war, only to find that a huge number of people died. Some of the statistics are dreadful, but it makes you think I suppose! Are you back by 14th July??

bananatree said...

hi, sorry just checked this again.
no, not back in the UK til 16th Aug.

hope it goes well this weekend, am sure it'll be fab!

Hx